Following the end of banning indoor games, live performances and other activities ended last Friday, public have been left confused on what happens next since no new directives have been issued by the president.
While addressing the nation on July 30, the President said the international and local indoor sports activities were banned though accredited sports events as well as outdoor individual sports activities are allowed under strict observance of SOPs.
He also banned gaming and betting, casinos, theatres, cinemas, performing artists, concerts, and comedy and said these measures would be reviewed after 42 days
The 42 days which President Museveni issued, banning indoor games, live performances and a number of other activities ended last Friday, However, when the 42 days ended, the President did not issue any new directives either to extend the ban or rescind it.
However, Dr Monica Musenero, the senior presidential advisor on epidemics, yesterday said the directives still stand as last communicated though the president has not yet came out to issue new directives has it has been.
According to her, those sections that have not been opened would be reviewed after 60 days from the President’s last address.
“Anything that he did not open remains as it is. Sometimes the President doesn’t mention everything but if you have not been specifically opened, then you remain closed,” she added.
On the same issue, the Ministry of Health spokesperson Emmanuel Ainebyoona, said that the National Covid-19 Taskforce will review the directives this week.
Meanwhile, the reported number of Covid-19 cases in the country has dropped by 10 percent in the last seven according to statistics from the Ministry of Health indicate that between September 3 and September 9.
According to statistics, a total of 830 cases of Covid-19 infections were reported after 24,460 samples were tested and this was lower than the 922 cases reported between August 27 and September 2 when a slightly lower number of samples, 23,850, were tested.
The positive rate for samples tested also declined from 3.4 per cent between September 3-9 to 3.3 per cent between August 27 and September 2.
In the past three weeks, the ministry of health registered pockets of intense transmission in several hotspots which are signals of the Covid-19 third wave.
According to Mr Emmanuel Ainebyoona, these include Teso Sub-region in districts of Katakwi, Serere, Ngora, Kumi, Kapyelebyong and Kalaki.
Other hotspots are in Kigezi Sub-region in districts of Rukiga, Rubanda and Kabale,” Ainebyoona said.
The virus has so far infected 121,296 people since its outbreak in March last year, killed 3,092 people as many are still struggling in hospitals and home based care services.
Ainebyoona has urged Ugandans to be vigilant and also get vaccinated such that the country reduces chances of entering into Covid-19 third wave.